Monday, June 18, 2007

From Trainee to Trainer

I have to admit that ever since I've joined AIESEC, even from the Induction period, a warm thought has invaded my mind:
"Hey, I'd really love to be a trainer, someday..."
Since then I was waiting for the day when I'll receive a mail saying:
Hey shinny happy @ people!
I know you were waiting for a long time... and now, you finally have the chance... to become TRAINERS!
...And on Monday, the 11th of June, Pitu did send us that lovely announcement! \:D/

Because every journey starts with a first step, as a LEVEL 0 TRAINER, my responsibilities would have been:

  • Participate in the "Training Design" preparation program organized by the PD dept;
  • Take part into trainings as a co-trainer;
  • Make researches on given topics for the trainings library;
  • Facilitate groups during a training;
  • Fill training impact evaluation forms.

Next steps:
  • Sending my motivation letter till Friday, the 15th of June;
  • Saturday, the 16th of June, interview time!

Everything went as planned, the interview was nice and friendly, Ana and Pitu got a chance to enjoy the air conditioning on that torrid day and we got a chance not only to answer questions, but to have a nice dialog; at least I know I did! Because there were no less than 32 motivation letters some people got interviewed only today, but... thanks to the effectiveness shown by the girls, we also got the results today: we have 24 level 0 trainers!

During selection, the following competencies and abilities were considered:
  • Adaptability
  • Empathy
  • Communication
  • Self-awareness
  • Respect
  • Accountability
  • Motivation
  • Level of engagement (past & future)
  • Role awareness

After all this being said, as announced by our LTTC, Pitu, the new level 0 trainers are:
  • Silvia Calenic
  • Paula Tuduri
  • Alexandra Macarie
  • Anca Ursu
  • Alex Focea
  • Cristi Ambrozie
  • Ioana Petrica
  • Iuliana Simciuc
  • Marius Butuc
  • Anda Niculescu
  • Delia Sopca
  • Catalina Cojocaru
  • Manuela Birsan
  • Alexandra Schiopu
  • Adina Ianau
  • Andrei Piftor
  • Alina Cozma
  • Anca Vizitiu
  • Simona Berbec
  • Dana Chiriac
  • Ruxandra Bucevschi
  • Alexandru Popa
  • Paul Stanciu
  • Ionut Maxim

As you see, I did make it! Only one thing to say: "Me happy!"
What's next? Taking part in the TTT program and advancing to LEVEL 1 TRAINER.
But before all of that, I'll just go back to completing my SN form now...

No comments: