Monday, August 27, 2007

@Cluj visits @Iasi

On a Friday - the 24th - noon I got an SMS from Simona, our trainee from Lithuania, asking me about my plans for that evening and if I had some free time to spend with some trainees from AIESEC Cluj.

Even though it was after a party-night, AIESEC Cluj really has a special place in my heart... Maybe just because my heart belongs to a beautiful girl from @CJ, who knows? :P That is why, after catching up on some more sleep we made a visiting program for the trainees. We also had a party at about 22:30, but they arrived past midnight. I was expecting about 5 trainees to come, but then I met Peng (from @China) and Ute (from @Germany) that came with Vlad (from Cluj :P). I must admit that I had a lot of fun with them and I didn't felt sorry for a second that they were only 3.

The next day - the 25th - was reserved for visiting Iasi:
  • Copou Park, with Eminescu's lime-tree;
  • The Botanical Garden, with the greenhouse and the rosarium;
  • The "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University - even if the AIESEC office was closed, at least they saw the paintings by Sabin Balasa in Sala Pasilor Pierduti;
  • we ate a pizza at Golfo diNapoli;
  • From Piata Unirii we went to Unirea Hotel's 13th floor, at Panoramic Restaurant, for some overview photos of Iasi;
  • We went along the Stefan cel Mare street and visited the Metropolitan Cathedral, The Trei Ierarhi Church until Dosoftei House;
  • We did get to the Palace of Culture, but it was already closed :-(
  • The National Museum was our next stop. On our way back, Peng got some beautiful tram photos on Cuza Voda street!
  • We simply had to stop also in Sage, for a tea/coffee/juice/cocktail... As usually, everyone got a chance to taste everything :D
  • On our way to Gaudeamus dorm, we only had time (and stamina) to see the University, lighted into the night.

After such a "complete" day, no wonder that the next morning 5 alarms and reminders couldn't wake me up at 7:00... I woke up only when Vlad called me at 8:40 :-"...

One car, 6 people: Vlad, Ute, Peng, Simona, Irina and I went to visit the Moldova Region. We had the monasteries in our mind, but as you know, it never happens exactly as planned.

So, Sunday - the 26th - on a mainly rainy weather, we got the chance to visit:
  • The Humor Monastery;
  • The Voronet Monastery and
  • The Suceava Stronghold
Long after dusk, we met Maurizio (former @IS trainee, from @Italy) in Targu Neamt and we returned to Iasi by car, with his girlfriend, while he went on with Vlad and the trainees.

Long story, right? :D Well, if you got so far, here are the pictures, from these days:

@Cluj visits @Iasi

No comments: