Friday, July 4, 2008

How to: buy a mattress cover

Well, this article is about how I managed to get a mattres cover (among other "new home" shoppings) whithout any prior knowledge:


  1. Find the approximate size of the mattres: for that I used the string from my SanDisk Cruzer Micro
  2. Find the approximate size of that string: I went to COOP Supermarket and searched for a small math notebook... Why? :D I remembered from elementry school that each sqare from a math notebook is 0.5*0.5cm, making in ~20cm tall. This way, the string is ~50cm long and the mattres ~1m*2m.
  3. You might think that the products have the lables written in English also, like back home... c'mon, Italy is more advanced than România, right? Well, it might be, but there is no place for that much English! :(
  4. Find an italian that understands and speaks English! I can bet this is going to be harder than you first thought! ;)
  5. Finally draw the conclusion that the one you need is the Lenzuolo, 1 piaza, con angoli!

What can I say? It was a lot more difficult than I thought, but in the end I have achieved this great objective! :D

No comments: