Monday, March 31, 2008

Failure #1: Marius vs. Talent Manager - 0:1

For a week now, I've started hunting for an opportunity to evolve both professionally and culturally. After my Leadership stage, now I want to go in eXchange! ...just that today I got an email saying:

Hello, thank you for the applications.

I take it that this person can work for only 20-24 weeks (april-october). As we discussed before we need people who can commit for longer periods than that, a few years preferably. I know that AIESEC has a maximum amount of months for the internship, so people having this maximum as their preferred maximum duration are the people we are looking for. Job requisites for under one year can be discarded in the future.

With best regards,
Christian XXXX, Talent Manager


OK mr. Talent Manager, than why is it written in the Job Description (JD) that the duration is preferably between 24 and 78 weeks?!?

Mr. Talent Manager, do you know that to discard means to throw something away: to get rid of something that is not wanted or needed? Is that the way to manage talents?

Too bad, you lost a guy (probably not a talent) that really is interested in:

  • Web 2.0 development;
  • Extreme programming and Agile development;
  • Test driven development;
  • PHP, MySql and AJAX programming.
Funny thing, until now I was only worried about not matching a JD on professional matters...

2 comments:

midori said...

hmmm..in my opinion,it should have been *Failure #1:Marius vs Talent Manager 1:0*
and i bet this isn't he's first failure in recognizing genuine talents..:) :*

Unknown said...

True, but even though until now I was the one doing the counseling in similar situations, I have to admit that mr. Talent Manager did make it to ruin my day! :P

Him and the beautiful rain!... But today I'm back on track! ;)

Thanks for the fresh comment! >:D<