Tuesday, July 8, 2008

International Cooking Night

Tonight, Rafael invited me at his place, for a taste of brazilian cuizine! We have been 6 students from 6 different countries:

  1. Brazil
  2. Singapore
  3. Canada
  4. Etiopia
  5. India
  6. România

I didn't go empty handed, so I brought my bottle of țuică (that bottle on Izvorul Minunilor) on the table! I also drank Italian beer (Birra Moretti), German beer, and... last but not least: original cachaça and caipirinhia!

Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. Cachaça is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage. Like rum, it is made from sugarcane. Cachaça is made from sugarcane alcohol, obtained from the fermentation of sugarcane juice which is afterwards distilled.

[Wikipedia]

I really feel sorry that the Erasmus students are going away... :( And most of all I think I will miss Rafael, who helped me a lot!

2 comments:

hertzi said...

No panic - next students will come soon ;).

m@rIuS said...

I really hope so, but I doubt it I will catch "the good days", because In September I'm returning home... :(