Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First day at work

Today I have started work! Nice office, great people, but I have trouble talking in Italian. I have to find a way to take some courses... Quick! Btw, here is how the Arno river looks when I get back from work:

Today I ate for the first time at the canteen. Now this was another little adventure! When I came here I knew that besides my sallary, I will have 2 meals free/day. At the canteen, students have a special card, with which they pay for the food, €2,5 for 1st, 2nd and desert. But to make the card, I had to go in another place, not at the canteen, as I've been told.

I went back to ask Lisa for directions, but then she tells me that I have to pay for the food, because she wasn't able to arrange so I would get it for free, but that they will raise my sallary with €150/month so that we will be eaven... So I went back, to eat for €2,5... I only think that the 1st was pasta al formaggio, but for the 2nd, I have no clue what I ate! :D The food here tastes better for me, and for €2,5 it's quite enough.

After work, I went with Rafael to buy a SIM, and the operator we chose in the end was Wind, so I can also call home at a bit lower rates. After that we went to a messy supermarket - PAM - and since last night I ate at Rafael's, I bought something to cook. I took him as "culinary advisor" and we bought Gnocchi di patate, Prosciutto Praga, and I found elsewhere some Brazilian soda: Guarana Antarctica: o original do Brasil!

Good food! :D

No comments: